Wednesday, January 19, 2011

If I gave you the moon

Just watched a late night Netflix film classic: There's No Business Like Show Business. Man, I love Marilyn Monroe. I like to take screen captions of my favorite parts. It's a more visual and detailed quote collection. Because songs can say how I feel better than I can:


After you get what you want you don't want it.
If I gave you the moon, you'd grow tired of it soon.
You're like a baby, you want what you want when you want it.
But after you are presented with what you want, you're discontented.
You're always wishing and wanting for something
When you get what you want, you don't want what you get,
And though I sit upon your knee, you'll grow tired of me,
'cause after you get what you want,
You don't want what you wanted at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! :]